A Percolation Test or Site Suitability Assessment is required for planning applications for all proposed new homes which do not have access to public mains.
A Percolation Test and Site Assessment is essentially an analysis of your proposed site, the hydraulic properties of the soil and the height of the water table on the proposed site. This test is done in order to determine what type of wastewater treatment system or septic tank and percolation area would be most suitable to deal with the household wastewater on your proposed site.
Proper testing, system selection and percolation design minimise the risk of contamination of our water resources and malfunction of your system.
A positive Site Assessment result and detailed on site treatment drawings are the first positive step towards your successful planning application decision.
Why use Neptune Site Services?
- The testing procedure will be carried out by our trained engineer who has a QQI Award level 6 “Site Suitability On-site Wastewater Treatment” Certificate.
- We carry full Professional Indemnity Insurance as required by the County Council.
- We are entirely independent of any wastewater treatment system manufacturer and so recommend the system which is most suitable to your proposed site, and advise on the most financially viable options which may exist for you.
- As part of the Site Assessment service we can provide your architect with a site survey and all the required design drawings associated with the waste water treatment option on your site.
- We can provide a follow up service involving the construction supervision of the waste water treatment system and certification on installation.
- We promise to make every effort to ensure your planning application is successful.